Personal Website Privacy Policies
Mary Kay is proud to support the efforts of Mary Kay (UK) Ltd Independent Beauty Consultants through programs such as My Mary Kay® Web Sites that allow Independent Beauty Consultants an opportunity to reach out to their customers through online tools and convenient round the clock access to information about Mary Kay® products and services offered to you by the Independent Beauty Consultant.
When you provide your information to your Independent Beauty Consultant through her My Mary Kay® Web Site, your information is placed in a secure location on behalf of your Independent Beauty Consultant. Your information will be shared with Mary Kay but will not be shared with others without your permission.
Information Collected on the My Mary Kay® Web Site
Information that you choose to provide to your Independent Beauty Consultant on her My Mary Kay® Web Site may include:
- Name, email address, postal address
- Username and password
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Name of your Independent Beauty Consultant
- Skin type, tone and information related to skin care and cosmetic preferences
- Other information about you such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors
- Demographic information
- Future communication preferences
- Contact information for friends or family you may wish for your Independent Beauty Consultant to contact.
While on the Independent Beauty Consultant’s My Mary Kay® Web Site, cookies and other technologies are used to capture information about you and your use of the site. The following are examples of information that may be collected with these technologies:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- IP address
- Site you visited before coming to our site
- Offers or links you connect to from the site
- Information about your visits to or from the My Mary Kay® Web Site
- “Shopping Cart” information
- Purchase history
How This Information Is Used
Your Independent Beauty Consultant uses the information you provide on the My Mary Kay® Web Site to:
- Provide you with superior quality service
- Tell you about new products and promotions that may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you regarding your product orders and preferences
- Facilitate the sale of products to you
- Arrange for product orders and delivery
- Understand your product preferences and send you information or samples
- Provide you with information about special offers, promotions or contests
- Schedule appointments or provide information about hosting events
- Send notifications regarding purchase, payment and shipment information
Mary Kay uses the information you provide on the My Mary Kay® Web Site to:
- Facilitate the processing of payment for purchases or other services for or on behalf of your Independent Beauty Consultant
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Assist the Independent Beauty Consultant in identifying your preferences
- Analyse the use of Mary Kay products, services, and sites
- Understand how you arrived at the My Mary Kay® Web Site and how you use the site so that we can make it better for you and your Independent Beauty Consultant
- Determine the effectiveness of the My Mary Kay® Web Site
- Enforce the My Mary Kay® Web Site and related Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage and secure the site and business
- Allow you the opportunity to participate in market research, polls, surveys, and similar research
- Facilitate communication or information you have requested from your Independent Beauty Consultant
Your Choices And How To Access Your Information
You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide through the My Mary Kay® Web Site by contacting your Independent Beauty Consultant or by accessing your account on her My Mary Kay® Web Site.
Third Party Service Providers
Your Independent Beauty Consultant may choose to utilize services offered by Mary Kay and third-party service providers to help provide you with efficient high quality service. When utilising third-party service providers the Independent Beauty Consultant and/or Mary Kay may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that such service providers are given only the personal information they need to perform services requested and they are required to protect your information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, service providers may be utilized to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests
- Host sites and deliver email and mobile messages
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on behalf of your Independent Beauty Consultant
- Analyse data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you
- Conduct research and analyse data to improve the products, services and sites made available to you
- Facilitate payment or order processing.
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time.
When we provide your personal information to third party service providers we require those companies to protect the information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number, we strive to use industry standard methods to protect that information.
We give you choices about how we communicate with you. Mary Kay does not intend to collect information from children under the age of 14, or such other age as designated by a country specific law. We ask for age confirmation on our websites before collecting personal information to make sure we do not collect information from children.
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was provided, including the United States. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws. We adhere to the EU Data Privacy Directive and other applicable data privacy laws.
When sending personal information to the United States, or any other country, we ensure that it receives the same level of protection as it does here, and Mary Kay Inc. has certified that it adheres to the U.S.-EU Safe Harbour Privacy Principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce Safe Harbour Program .
We take steps to protect personal information no matter what country it is stored in or transferred to. We have procedures and controls as appropriate to help ensure that your information is secure.
We may transfer personal information to Mary Kay databases in countries other than where it was provided. The Mary Kay Global Privacy Program requires the same high level of security and protection of personal information in all geographies with procedures and contracts in place to help ensure this is so.
Data may be temporarily transferred to a vendor or business partner to provide services for the Independent Beauty Consultant such as targeted email communications, mailing information or samples. These vendors and business partners are required to protect and manage the personal information to the same high standards Mary Kay does, and they cannot use the information for purposes other than to provide the services Mary Kay or your Independent Beauty Consultant have requested.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us directly. Click here to select your country and be linked to the correct address or e-mail address to use in your specific location, or use the postal address below. Please feel free to use your native language when sending your questions or comments.
Otherwise, you can contact us at this address:
Mary Kay (UK) Ltd Privacy Coordinator
163 Eversholt Street
London, NW1 1BU
020 7380 8200
Mary Kay Global Privacy Team
16251 Dallas Parkway
Addison, TX 75001 U.S.A.